Enabling Good Lives
The Enabling Good Lives approach is based on supporting disabled people's access to everyday life in everyday places, rather than focusing on 'special' places or activities for disabled people with a vision that:
'In the future, disabled children and adults and their families will have greater choice and control over their supports and lives, and make more use of natural and universally available supports.'
Key messages about Enabling Good Lives
You can read the key messages about Enabling Good Lives.
- Read the key messages about Enabling Good Lives on this website
- Download the Easy Read version of key messages about Enabling Good Lives [DOCX, 2.9 MB]
- Watch in NZSL the key information about Enabling Good Lives (on the Enabling Good Lives website)
Find out about the Enabling Good Lives demonstrations
Visit the Enabling Good Lives website for information on:
- the demonstrations in Christchurch and the Waikato
- the Enabling Good Lives approach
- National Leadership team.
Background information about Enabling Good Lives
Find out how the Enabling Good Lives approach started and the Government's commitment to progressing the initiative.
You can also read the report from the Social Services Select Committee's 2008 inquiry into the quality of care and service provision for disabled people and the Government's response.
Page last updated: