Transformation design group - application process
The design group will include 12 people. Eight of the members will be selected through an application process.
We are looking for people who:
- can contribute to the discussion, and critical thinking about the design including high level concepts and how it would work in practice
- have a good understanding of the Enabling Good Lives vision and principles
- are able to seek input and share information with disability networks and be credible with the disability community including disabled people, families, iwi and providers.
It will be important that the group has balance and includes at least:
- Four members with a disability
- One member representing families
- One member representing providers
- One Maori member, and
- One Pasifika member.
We are also wanting to ensure that the group includes members based in Palmerston North, from the National Enabling Good Lives Leadership Group and people who have been involved in the Christchurch and Waikato demonstrations.
There will be three members from the Ministries of Health and Social Development on the design group and one member representing the NASCs.
If you want to apply to be a part of the design group:
- Your application will need to cover the following three questions:
- What background, experience and skills do you bring to the design group? (Include any information that is relevant for selection criteria)
- What disability networks are you linked to that you can use to inform your thinking on the design?
- Why do you want to be involved in this group?
- Susan Fernandes
- Ministry of Health
- Private Bag 92522, Wellesley Street
A panel will make decisions on the make-up of the design group on Friday 17 March – this will include Programme Lead – System Transformation, GM Disability Support, Acting Director Office for Disability Issues, and one disability sector representative.
Page last updated: