Job Opening: NZSL Communications Advisor
Job Opening: NZSL Communications Advisor (0.2 FTE, fixed term until 31 August 2018)
The Office for Disability Issues is recruiting for a fixed-term NZSL Communications Advisor role to support the work we do for the NZSL Board. This is an exciting time to join the team as we prepare to release the NZSL Board’s five year Strategy Plan and a number of projects.
This is a newly created fixed-term role for a skilled individual who has NZSL/English writing experience. We are looking for a NZSL Communications Advisor who:
- Is fluent in NZSL and written English
- Understands the communication needs of the Deaf community
- Can clearly communicate the work, principles, goals of the NZSL Board in NZSL and written English
- Creates and promotes clear information to support the NZSL Board via a range of channels and approaches, especially web-based communications, and is able to add information to the NZSL Board website
- Has a pro-active attitude with initiative to reprioritise current tasks as new ones are presented to you.
This position is available on a 0.2 FTE fixed-term basis until 31 August 2018. The successful applicant could either work remotely or at the ODI office based in Wellington.
If you feel you have strong communication skills, experience in preparing and delivering communications, demonstrated flexibility and adaptability as well as the ability to work with high levels of autonomy, while working effectively in a team-based environment via working remotely, please contact our team for a job description at NZ_Sign_Language@msd.govt.nz
How to Apply
We are inviting interested people to send a CV and cover letter explaining why they would be a suitable person for this role to NZ_Sign_Language@msd.govt.nz by 5pm 22 February 2018.
Page last updated: